MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE
Category: Main Dish | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins
Makes: Approx. 6 servings
There are few things more comforting than a hearty stew! Our Moroccan chicken tagine is the epitome of healthy comfort food. Filled with vegetables and beans, this easy-to-make one-pot dish is sure to become a family favorite!
Did you know? Morocco in Arabic is called “Al Maghreb,” which means “the place where the sun sets.”
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small butternut or acorn squash, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 14 oz. can vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Rice and naan (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken, onion and garlic for 15 minutes, until brown.
2. Mix in the squash, chickpeas, carrots, tomatoes, broth, sugar, dried apricots and lemon juice. Season with salt, coriander and cayenne. Bring the stew to a boil and continue to cook on low for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, and the chicken has absorbed some of the spices.
3. Serve with rice and naan in a traditional earthenware bowl. Serves 6.
4. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!