This Costa Rican avocado soup is the perfect refresher for the warmer months! A cool and nourishing lunch enjoyed by our three SOS Children’s Villages in Costa Rica, this recipe requires no baking or cooking of any kind. This dish makes a great addition to cookouts or warm summer nights. You can also serve it chilled to make it extra refreshing!
Did you know? Avocados have nearly twice the amount of potassium as bananas!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup plain, low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Cumin to taste (optional)
- Cheese for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla strips for garnish (optional)
- Blender or food processor
1. Cut the avocados in half, removing the pits. Peel and cut into evenly sized chunks.
2. Puree the avocado, cucumber, stock, yogurt, lime juice and spices until smooth and creamy.
3. Add additional salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
4. Garnish with cheese and tortilla strips.
5. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!