Enjoyed by SOS Children's Villages in the United States, asparagus is a delicious dish that makes a great side for any meal. It's high in protein and low in carbs, fats and sugar, making it a healthy addition to any main course. While SOS mothers in the U.S. like to roast their asparagus, grilling it is just as delicious!
Did you know? Nearly all of the asparagus grown in the United States is produced in the states of California, Washington and Michigan!
- 1 lb. asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- Shaved parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. While the oven is heating, rinse the asparagus. Cut off the ends and discard.
2. Cover a roasting pan in foil. Place the asparagus in a single layer spread evenly over the pan.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic. Roll the asparagus to coat evenly.
4. Roast for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
5. For garnish, add lemon juice and shaved parmesan after roasting.
6. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!