Category: Main Dish | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
Makes: Approx. 8 servings
This mushroom and pumpkin soup is hearty and delicious, getting a delightful kick from the addition of curry powder. It’s easy to make for large groups so it’s perfect for entertaining at parties, dinners and luncheons!
Did you know? Portabello mushrooms, button mushrooms and white mushrooms are all the same mushrooms at different levels of maturity.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, cooked
- ½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
1. Cook mushrooms and onion in butter over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Add flour and curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
2. Remove from heat and add stock in a steady stream, whisking as you go.
3. Stir in the pureed pumpkin, honey, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream.
4. Before serving, reheat soup until hot but do not allow to boil. Makes 8 servings.
5. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!