HULI HULI CHICKEN
Category: Entree | Prep Time: 12 hrs | Cook Time: 20 mins
Makes: Approx. 12 servings
Huli Huli Chicken is a recipe from our SOS mothers in French Polynesia! Add some delight to your grill this 4th of July with this tasty dish – a favorite at SOS Children's Village Papara. Sweet and fruity, this tender and juicy chicken is perfect for any summer outing and is sure to become a favorite of your family, too.
Did you know? “Huli” is the Hawaiian word for “turn.” Huli Huli Chicken gets its name from being turned over a fire!
- 5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup frozen pineapple concentrate
- 1/3 cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ tsp. powdered ginger
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Paper towel
- Small bowl
- Large, clean plastic bag
1. Wash the chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients until completely incorporated. Reserve 1 1/3 cups of the marinade for basting the chicken while it grills. Place the remaining marinade and chicken in a large bag, refrigerate overnight.
3. Heat your grill to medium and cook the marinated chicken for 8 minutes on each side until cooked through. During the last few minutes of cooking, baste the chicken with your reserved marinade. Makes 12 servings.
4. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!