SPICY BAKED CHICKPEAS
Category: Dessert | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
Makes: Approx. 6 servings
Inspired by the flavors of Lebanon, these chickpeas are a healthy, delicious snack for any time of the year! Great as an after school treat for children or as a snack for guests, these chickpeas are sure to please!
There are four SOS Children’s Villages in Lebanon! You can read more about our work in Lebanon here.
Did you know? The deep root system of the chickpea plays an important role in stabilizing soils and preventing erosion!
- 1-15 oz. cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ tsp. hot paprika
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine the oil, paprika and sea salt in a large bowl. Add the drained, rinsed and dried chickpeas, tossing them in the bowl to coat them thoroughly with the spice mixture.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chickpeas out in a single layer.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown, making sure to move them around on the tray halfway down. These are best served straight from the oven, so chow down immediately! Makes 6 servings
5. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!