BAKED CHEESE WEDGES
Category: Appetizer | Prep Time: 1.5 hrs | Cook Time: 45 mins
Makes: Approx. 6 servings
This easy, cheesy appetizer makes the perfect after school snack or dinner starter. Make this dish your own by adding a variety of spices according to taste, or seasonal vegetables, like spinach or peppers for an added healthy kick!
Did you know? There are approximately 2,000 varieties of cheese. Try different types of cheese in this recipe to find your favorites!
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- ¼ lb. wedge of Muenster cheese
- Medium bowl
- Pie plate
1. Beat the egg in a bowl with a whisk. Add the flour and half the milk, beat until smooth.
2. Add the remainder of the milk, salt and pepper. Let batter stand for 1 hour.
3. Coarsely grate cheese, divide in half and stir half into the batter.
4. Grease an 8-inch pie plate, pour in the batter and bake in a 425 F oven for 40 minutes until puffed and brown.
5. Scatter the remaining half of the cheese on top.
6. Bake just until the cheese melts.
7. When slightly cool, cut into 12 wedges. Makes 6 servings.
8. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!