Category: Main | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins
Makes: Approx. 4 servings
Salmon is one of the healthiest fish you can make: full of protein, omega-3 fatty acids and Vitmamin D, salmon is a great choice for a family meal. Our version is big on flavor and low on fat, so it’s perfect for when you want to eat light but still feel full!
Did you know? Salmon are popular in mythology; in Celtic, Welsh, Scottish, Norse, and Native American myths, salmon are often associated with wisdom, knowledge and power!
- 1 ½ lb. salmon filet, skinned
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- Potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower (optional)
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Divide the salmon filet into 4 equal pieces. Add the water and salt to a large bowl and add the salmon, allowing it to brine and lock in its flavor. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Mix the herbs and lemon peel in a small bowl. Cut the butter in with the herbs until the herbs are evenly distributed throughout the butter.
4. Remove the salmon from the salt water, rinse and dry well. Place the salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, skin side down.
5. Spread the butter-herb mixture over the top of the salmon. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
6. Serve with boiled potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower. Makes 4 servings.
7. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!