Category: Main/Side Dish | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
Makes: Approx. 4 servings
There are few things more German than potatoes and onions! This dish also has an added new world flair with bell peppers, red pepper flakes and paprika.
This bake is perfect for family dinners and can easily be doubled to serve at larger gatherings. Make this dish as a main course or as a side. For an extra kick, add some sausage or melted cheese!
Did you know? Potato plants were introduced into space in 1995 on the shuttle Columbia, marking the first time any food was grown there!
- 1 lb. potatoes
- 1 ½ lb. bell peppers
- 1 large, sweet onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shallow, oven-proof dish
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Cut cleaned potatoes into 1 inch slices or chunks.
3. Cut peppers into 1 ½ – 2 inch pieces.
4. Peel onion and cut into chunks.
5. Place potatoes, peppers and onions in a shallow oven-proof dish. Pour oil over vegetables and lightly toss to coat with oil. Sprinkle with pepper.
6. Bake at 425 F for 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
7. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!