Category: Side/Appetizer | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
Makes: Approx. 4 servings
These Italian semolina rolls are almost too good to be true! Quick, easy and delicious, these rolls are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go or as a side with salad.
Our recipe makes 4 rolls, but you can easily double the recipe for more. Serve them warm from the oven, or reheat them later for the finishing touch. And be sure to add your favorite topping of butter, honey or jam!
Did you know? Semolina is a coarse flour made from durum wheat, consisting of the hard grains remaining after milling.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 2-3 tbsp. cold water
- Butter, honey or jam to taste (optional)
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 395 F.
2. Mix all the ingredients until you have formed a smooth dough.
3. Divide the dough into 4 pieces, about 2 inches thick, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 12-15 minutes, until they are cooked through and golden brown on the outside.Tip: to make them shiny and golden, use an egg wash on the outside of the rolls before you bake them.
5. Eat while still warm with butter, honey or jam. Makes 4.
6. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!