Category: Side | Prep Time: 1 hr | Makes: Approx. 20 oz
Tzatziki is a traditional Greek sauce made with yogurt and cucumbers. Of all the dips you could make to beat the summer heat, this one has to be the most refreshing! Tzatziki sauce is easy to make in large batches, too, so adding it to any summer party is a breeze!
There are three SOS Children’s Villages located in Greece! You can find out more about our work in Greece here.
Did you know? Tzatziki is usually accompanied by pita bread or placed on gyros, but it can also be used as a dressing for salad!
- 2 8 oz. containers of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. chopped mint
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Food processor
- Large bowl
1. In a food processor, combine the yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill and garlic. Puree until well combined.
2. Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
3. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!