This recipe was originally posted on the A Life Worth Chasing blog.
This healthy pumpkin curry comes from the A Life Worth Chasing blog. It’s incredibly simple and a hit with the kids. Check it out!
- 1/2 lbs pumpkin
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 wiri wiri peppers (scotch pepper)
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp salt to start (add more to suit your taste)
- dash of black pepper
- dash of any dried herbs you like
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cups water
- Chop pumpkin into large pieces and peel off the skin.
- Cut each large piece of pumpkin into smaller 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Heat pot with a few tablespoons of oil. Chop onion, garlic and wiri wiri pepper, add to pot and cook until onions are tender and fragrant.
- In the meantime, chop tomatoes. Once onions are tender, add diced tomatoes. Let tomatoes cook until they are soft and mixture looks like a sauce.
- Add pumpkin to pot and let cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp salt to start, black pepper, thyme, curry powder, brown sugar, and any other seasonings you like, let cook for 15 more minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and allow pumpkin to cook and for 20-25 minutes.
- Pumpkin is done when it begins to dissolve and loosen and there is little water left in the pot. Smash the pumpkin with your spoon to break up any pieces.
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!