Estate and Planned Giving

Planned Giving with SOS Children's Villages 

Your decision to remember SOS Children's Villages - USA, Inc.  In your will, estate plan or other long-range financial arrangements is a beautiful-and powerful- gesture of love.  It gives you the satisfaction of knowing that your gift will effectively support our efforts to help the thousands of children in desperate need, even long after you are gone. 


Giving at Year's End

As the year ends, many of us reflect on our long-range estate and financial plans.  Life insurance policies, wills, retirement accounts and other planning vehicles are great ways to plan for your future and the future of your family.  We ask you to consider SOS Children's Villages in your planning.  Recent tax laws allow you to reduce your estate and gift taxes by making charitable gifts. 

Giving Through a Tax-Free IRA Rollover if You are Over Age 70½

In December 2015, the IRA Charitable Rollove became permanent - allowing indivduals over age 70½ to rollover, tax-free, up to $100,000 from their IRA to charity.  You can donate directly from your IRA to SOS Children's Villages - USA, Inc.  and reduce your tax bill.  

Simply ask your IRA administrator to transfer a tax-free amount of your choice from your account to SOS Children's Villages - USA, Inc. using our Tax ID Number: 13-6188433.  Your gift will count toward your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).  You can choose to allocate a portion or all of your RMD to support our mission (up to $100,000 per year).  Click here to print the Instruction Letter for your IRA administrator.

Giving Through Your Will or Trust

Your will or trust can be a way to make thoughtful gifts to care for loved ones and support your favorite charities, in addition to being one of the simplest methods to distribute your estate.  By naming remembering SOS Children's Villages - USA, Inc. as a beneficiary in your will or trust, you can continue to support our work beyond your lifetime.  Click here to download bequest language and our Federal Tax ID to share with your attorney.

Giving Securities

It's more and more common for people to give stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.  Because of tax considerations, you can often give appreciated assets, and enjoy the tax deduction, rather than paying capital gains tax.  You can generally deduct both the original price and appreciated value, as long as you have held them for one year or more.

Click here to print our Stock Donation Form, which includes our Brokerage and Account Information.

Giving Through Retirement Plans

You may find that you can make the largest gift of your life from "what's left" in your retirement account or pension plan.  This allows you to provide for your retirement first, and then support charities, like SOS Children's Villages - USA, Inc. that you've cared about during your lifetime.  Contact your plan administrator to update your form/s naming SOS Children's Villages - USA, Inc. as a beneficiary of all or a percent of your retirement.  Tax ID:  13-6188433.

Giving Through Life Insurance

Do you have a life insurance policies you no longer need?  Policies taken out to protect mortgages which have since been paid or educational plans that have been completed, for example, make excellent gifts.  By naming SOS Children's Villages - USA, Inc.  (Tax ID:  13-6188433) as a beneficiary, you will give orphaned and abandoned children permanent, loving homes and prepare them for independent lives.  

Please contact Craig Sarsony, Chief Operating Officer, at (202) 407-7722 or by email at if you have any questions.  Thank you for your investment in the lives of vulnerable children and families.