SOS Children’s Villages has worked in Ukraine since 2003. In the past year, we have expanded our presence in Ukraine from two regions to 17 and reached more than 270,000 children and families in Ukraine and 10 neighboring countries.
Our emergency response includes:
- Rushing immediate humanitarian aid to 50,000 people in partnership with local organizations.
- Relocating children and families out of high-risk zones in Ukraine and providing shelter, health care and employment opportunities to 10,000 people in neighboring countries.
- Offering psychosocial support and recreational activities to 17,000 children and parents.
- Providing financial assistance to 23,000 vulnerable families through cash and vouchers.
- Operating social centers, including mental health services, that assist 24,000 people.