CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
Category: Dessert | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 9-11 mins
Makes: Approx. 48 cookies
Cranberry oatmeal cookies shout “fall” with every bite! Cranberry sauce is widely enjoyed by families in the USA during Thanksgiving, so this sweet reminiscent treat is sure to evoke all the feelings of the autumn season. These cookies are enjoyed by SOS villages in Florida and Illinois, and now by your family, too!
Did you know? Cranberries are native to North America and were originally used to cure meat, heal wounds and dye fabric!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup hazelnuts or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer (optional)
- Cookie sheet
- Airtight container for storage
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add eggs and vanilla. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar, beat well.
4. Stir in flour mixture.
5. Stir in rolled oats, dried cranberries and chopped nuts. Do not overbeat.
6. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are golden.
8. Let cookies cool, and store in an airtight container.
9. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!