THE SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES DIFFERENCE
How the SOS Children’s Villages model of care differs from traditional foster care:
- Children live together with their siblings.
- Children receive care and support from a full-time, professionally trained foster parent.
- Children grow up in a private, single-family home.
- Children are supported by a whole village: an intentional community that provides an array of services to help children overcome their past trauma and build a successful path forward.
- Youth are prepared for independence with life skills, vocational training and educational opportunities.
- Our comprehensive model has been tested and refined for more than 70 years to help children today and transform their futures.