Category: Breakfast | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Makes: Approx. 1 serving
Some mornings it can be incredibly hard to drag yourself—and your children—out of bed! But the promise of these delicious eggs is sure to get everyone up in a matter of minutes. Enjoyed by our 12 SOS Children’s Villages in Chile, this recipe provides a delightful start to your day, packed with flavor and protein! This is a quick and easy twist on a breakfast classic that you’ll want to make again and again.
Did you know? The origin of the name “Chile” is thought to come from the indigenous Mapuche word “chili,” which means “where the land ends.” Chile has one of the longest coastlines in the world, measuring almost 4,000 miles!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp canned, chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ avocado, wedged
- Tortilla chips
- 2 medium frying pans
1. Sauté the onion in oil until it is shiny but not caramelized.
2. Stir in the tomatoes and let them cook with the onions for 3-5 minutes. Season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
3. Cook the eggs your favorite way. Tip: We recommend poached or fried eggs.
4. Serve the eggs topped with the tomato sauce, sliced avocado and tortilla chips for added flavor. Tip: If you want to mix it up, in Chile it is common to add cooked black beans and chopped green peppers.
5. Enjoy with family and friends!
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!