Category: Side/Main Dish | Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr
Makes: Approx. 4 servings
This healthy pumpkin curry is a super simple center or addition to any spread! A big hit with kids, this recipe is sure to bring about your favorite fall feelings.
Did you know? A single pumpkin contains about 500 seeds. These can be roasted as a great snack to accompany your favorite pumpkin dishes!
- ½ lb. pumpkin
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 scotch peppers
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp salt (and more to taste)
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ¾ cups water
1. Chop pumpkin into large pieces and peel off the skin.
2. Cut each large piece of pumpkin into smaller ½ inch pieces and set aside.
3. Heat pot with a few tablespoons of oil. Chop onion, garlic and pepper. Add to pot and cook until onions are tender and fragrant.
4. In the meantime, chop the tomatoes. Once the onions are tender, add the diced tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook until they are soft, and the mixture looks like a sauce.
4. Add pumpkin to pot and let cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add 1 tsp salt, black pepper, thyme, curry powder and brown sugar to the pot. Let cook for 15 more minutes.
6. Add ¾ cup water and allow pumpkin to cook for another 20-25 minutes.
7. You’ll know the pumpkin is done when it begins to dissolve and there is little water left in the pot. Smash the pumpkin with your spoon to break up any large pieces.
8. Enjoy with family and friends!
This recipe was originally posted on A Life Worth Chasing blog.
Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!