Category: Dessert | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
Makes: Approx. 5 servings
This recipe is courtesy of Padhus Kitchen. Try this easy coconut laddu recipe to share at your upcoming Diwali celebrations or for any special occasion. This sweet dessert is sure to become a favorite of your family! So quick and easy to make, they can make a great addition to any last minute gathering.
Did you know? Laddus are one of the most popular Indian treats! It is widely believed, however, that they started as a medicine by Sushruta, an ancient Indian physician, who used spherical balls of sesame seeds as an antiseptic to treat patients.
- 1 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 tsp. ghee
1. Heat the teaspoon of ghee and fry the grated coconut slightly in the ghee.
2. Add the milk and cook on medium low until all the milk is absorbed. Stir frequently to prevent the milk from burning.
3. When all the milk is absorbed, add the sugar.
4. Continue to cook on low flame until the mixture becomes sticky and you are able to form balls out of it. The mixture will also separate from the sides of the pan.
5. After it has cooled slightly, cover your hands with a little ghee and form small balls. Serves 5.
6. Enjoy with family and friends!
- Every donation helps us feed our SOS children across the globe! Join our cause!